Applying wax on decorative plasters allows adding extra decorative effects: gloss degree (glossy or matt), color or shade and other effects (polished look, nacre particles and others). Wax also improves exploitative features of decorative plasters: moisture resistance, water repellency, color fasting, washability and others.
The wax for decorative plasters can be solvent-based or water-based. In any case, waxes are multi-component products. The core components of the wax can be natural materials like plant waxes (Carnauba wax), animal waxes (lanolin, bee wax), earth waxes (mountain wax, ozocerite), and also semy-synthetic materials (paraffin wax, amide waxes) and synthetic materials (polyethylene and polypropylene waxes, acrylic emulsions).
The wax is manufactured as a viscous or liquid mass and is usually colorless.
Waxes Maxima-decor can be tinted with pigment pastes.
- CERA Maxima-decor is a decorative wax for relief plasters indoors. It adds extra protection against damage, creates water-repellent coating and glossy glitter. It suits ART BETON Maxima-decor, MARMORINO Maxima-decor, TRAVERTINO Maxima-decor.
- CERA FRONTALE Maxima-decor is a decorative wax for facade plasters. It protects against damage and moisture impact. It adds additional weather resistance and decorative effects. It is used together with ART BETON Maxima-decor, MARMORINO Maxima-decor, TRAVERTINO Maxima-decor.
- CERA LAVABILE Maximma-decor is a decorative wax for Venetian plaster. It adds the coating additional protection, increases resistance to moisture effect and provides the effect of polished marble. It suits STUCCO VENEZIANO Maxima-decor.
Hints for wax applying
- Do not apply wax before 24 hours after the last coat of plaster is applied.
- You can apply wax with a trowel, a rubber spatula, a roller, a brush with synthetic nap or a ceiling brush, or a sponge.
- When you buy wax, take into account how large area of application and its texture. Textured surfaces require more consumption of the product.